Important Update Regarding Browser Compatibility | XM Community

Important Update Regarding Browser Compatibility

• 15 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 145 replies
Hi everyone! We wanted to make you all aware of a quick update Qualtrics has made to Browser Compatibility.

Qualtrics is dedicated to protecting all customer data using industry best standards. Beginning today (January 15, 2018), users or survey participants on end-of-life browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer 7 or 8 with Windows XP) may encounter the following error when accessing the XM Platform: “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.” We strongly recommend upgrading to a supported operating system and browser to ensure compatibility with our encryption ciphers. If it is not possible to migrate from Windows XP to a supported Operating System, it may be possible to use an alternative browser with the necessary ciphers, such as Mozilla Firefox Extended Support Release.

If you have further questions about Browser Compatibility, we recommend checking out our support page here.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
This is actually great news for many of us. I have been fighting to kill end of life browser support for a while. This gives me the ability to say it is no longer supported!
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Thankfully, we have pretty much eradicated XP from our campus, save for a handful of machines that run some ancient software that someone absolutely needs, or the machine that runs the old PC games in our Computer and Video Game Archive. And they are all disconnected from the network, or behind seven proxies.
Badge +3
I am seeing a browser warning message on our support page, this appeared from nowhere and is sitting above the qualtrics survey. It is by Qualtrics? It is appearing on IE 11 and below. Look at the attachment.!
@Lubna This sounds like something you may want to reach out to our support team for, so they can help navigate if this is coming from the Qualtrics side or not. You can get in touch with them by going to Qualtrics.com/Support and selecting "Contact Support" in the upper-right corner.

Leave a Reply