Does anyone set rules about invitation frequency? | XM Community

Does anyone set rules about invitation frequency?

• 23 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
I just wondered if others worry about contact frequency - do you limit the number of invitations a contact can receive in a period? What sort of period do you think is good practice?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Insights - Coming from the corporate and not the academic world, we definitely worry about contact frequency (survey fatigue) towards our customers. I've worked for two large, and very different, companies and they have two different fatigue settings.

The first would only solicit once every 3 months for any adhoc study or relational surveys but would solicit 100% of the time for any transnational survey, regardless of if they were recently solicited for an adhoc study or relational survey.

The second company, which I am currently at, mainly collects feedback through Site Intercept and does not do any transnational surveys and very few adhoc studies or ongoing relational surveys (something I am working on trying to change). However, when we do a rare adhoc study, we set fatigue logic to be 6 months (which I feel is overly cautious).
Badge
Thanks @Akdashboard - That is really helpful. I am in corporate too but my experience is more in what to do with the research when you get it and not the collecting of it so appreciate the advice.
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
At my institution we do not have a limit to the number of invitations a person can receive, but we do have a standard number of days we wait between sending reminders (3 days). We also require surveys to go through our office so we can be sure not too many are going out at once. When multiple surveys go to one group of people (e.g., students), we look to see if questions can be combined/eliminated/shared in order to shorten the surveys. We don't like to ask the same person the same question multiple times unless there's a good reason! Our office can then share the data with appropriate constituents across campus, cutting down on the need for some surveys altogether.
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
I work for a B2B media company, and most invitations go to subscribers. I would love to limit a survey invitation to quarterly, but we have lots of clients who want to reach our audience, so lately they have been monthly intervals. However, I insist on big incentives in those cases, so that I feel it is worth our subscribers time.

In terms of reminders - I wait seven days before sending a reminder.
Badge
Thanks @BruceK and @VirginiaM - it's helpful to see how others do things.

Leave a Reply