Matrix table with square buttons, instead of radio buttons | XM Community
Solved

Matrix table with square buttons, instead of radio buttons

• 22 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I would like to recreate the look and feel of the NPS question type, but customize the response options and numeric labels. That is, a numeric scale with square buttons and text labels above the scale that is displayed horizontally on desktop and mobile.

The easiest way to implement that would be to create a single-row matrix question, hiding the label columns (as discussed here). However, how would I be able to force the matrix question to use the square buttons, instead of the default radio buttons?

I would like this:
!

Instead of this:
!

Note: I am able to accomplish the above by adjusting the numeric labels of the NPS type (see discussion here). However, I could not find a way to change the number of response options from the default 11 options.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Cheers,
Fabian
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 December 2018, 03:12

View original

2 replies

Hello @fmhs

Step 1: Use Matrix Table question type and Matrix Type - "Profile". Number of Statements - "1" .
Number of Scale Points - "11" and rename these scale points as -5 to 5.

Step 2: To get label in box - Change the survey theme( eg: Qualtrics 2017) from the look and Feel tab.

Step 3: Paste the following js in Matrix question js(onReady) to hide statement text
` jQuery(".c1").hide();`

Step 4: Output

!
Hi @Shashi, and many thanks for this great suggestion! Just one follow-up question: This solution does not allow me to add labels above the boxes. Ideally, I would like to anchor the endpoints with "strongly disagree" and "strongly agree". Any idea how to accomplish that?

Leave a Reply