Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Slider: Unanswered questions given a score in dataset

ColinScott42
ColinScott42 Community Member Qubie ✭
edited June 23 in Survey Platform

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with a couple of slider questions where non-responses appear to be assigned a value within the range of the scale.

The sliders are set up so that the starting point is the midpoint and a validation is included so that a response is requested if participants have not clicked on the slider. The sliders mostly go from 0 to 100 and my problem is that it appears that non-responses are being assigned a score of 0. In the Reports page, I can see the correct distribution of responses with missing values excluded (across all participants, not individually), but when I download the data these missing values are scored 0, skewing the data.

Is there anyway to fix this or to identify the respondents who actually skipped the question, post-data collection?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• bstrahin
    bstrahin Madison, WICommunity Member - Trial User Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

When you go to download your data, click on More Options in the lower left hand corner. There are options for:

• Recode seen but answered questions as -99
    • Recode seen but unanswered multi-value fields as 0

Seems like you need to check the second option and click on the 0 then manually change it to a value that won't cause you problems.

Answers

• ColinScott42
    ColinScott42 Community Member Qubie ✭

Thanks so much! I was not aware of that option and it looks like that will solve the problem.