Slider: Unanswered questions given a score in dataset | XM Community
Solved

Slider: Unanswered questions given a score in dataset

• 28 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
Hi everyone,

I have an issue with a couple of slider questions where non-responses appear to be assigned a value within the range of the scale.

The sliders are set up so that the starting point is the midpoint and a validation is included so that a response is requested if participants have not clicked on the slider. The sliders mostly go from 0 to 100 and my problem is that it appears that non-responses are being assigned a score of 0. In the Reports page, I can see the correct distribution of responses with missing values excluded (across all participants, not individually), but when I download the data these missing values are scored 0, skewing the data.

Is there anyway to fix this or to identify the respondents who actually skipped the question, post-data collection?
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 28 December 2018, 17:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
When you go to download your data, click on More Options in the lower left hand corner. There are options for:
* Recode seen but answered questions as -99
* Recode seen but unanswered multi-value fields as 0

Seems like you need to check the second option and click on the 0 then manually change it to a value that won't cause you problems.
Badge +3
Thanks so much! I was not aware of that option and it looks like that will solve the problem.

Leave a Reply