Daily availability | XM Community
Solved

Daily availability

• 28 December 2018
  • 5 replies

I need to see the availability of a group of students, I need to allow them to select what time works best for them for each day. Is there a way to do it without having it be in a text box?
icon

Best answer by rsuter 28 December 2018, 20:52

View original

5 replies

Badge +5
There are lots of different ways to collect availability. I would say that a text box would be the least preferred option, since you're likely to receive a lot of different formats.

You could make a grid like the one seen on this page:
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/1417/how-to-create-a-limited-response-schedule-sign-up
The rest of that post might not be relevant, but you could use that grid as a template.

Or you could do multiple choice. Even a calendar. Depends on what type of availability you need.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
You could make a grid using a multiple choice question. Then as an added benefit, you could use display logic to hid a selection once it has been select _n_ times (as is appropriate for the schedule) using quotas.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
Depending on the freedom you want to give students for start and end times (15 minute, 30 minute, 1 hour intervals) this can get overwhelming to program. Working at a university and with students I know their schedules can get overwhelming to look at. If you give us some clues on how many students you are trying to look at, flexibility needed for start/end time/length of time slot availability, and the goal scheduling individual appointments/creating groups/picking office hours we might be able to help you better.
It is for 48 students. This will be for lab times so it should be at least hour long increments unless there are special circumstances.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@RayoxB are you trying to coordinate the schedules of the 48 or are you doing this on a first come, first to reserve a the time basis? That will determine if you need are essentially scheduling an appointment or if you are trying to collect availability to make the best availability for everyone. Also, how many students can be in the lab at a time? Does it matter if they all start at that same time or can a group start at 10:00 and another group at 10:30 as long as the 10:30-11:00 timeslot doesn't go over the max number of students in the lab?

Leave a Reply