How do I group responses on a scale question for analysis e.g. % 4-5 responses on a 5 point scale? | XM Community
Solved

How do I group responses on a scale question for analysis e.g. % 4-5 responses on a 5 point scale?

• 8 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Is there a simpler way to 'group' responses together than creating a variable? I need to do this for several scale questions.
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 13 January 2019, 08:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
If you have Vocalize, then this is a simple TopBox/BottomBox widget setting. Otherwise you will need to do a little ETL either after the data is collected or during collection through programming variables (which is super easy with branch logic in the Survey Flow and what I would personally recommend if you don't have Vocalize.)
> @Akdashboard said:
> If you have Vocalize, then this is a simple TopBox/BottomBox widget setting. Otherwise you will need to do a little ETL either after the data is collected or during collection through programming variables (which is super easy with branch logic in the Survey Flow and what I would personally recommend if you don't have Vocalize.)

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I don't have Vocalize. This is actually an imported data project so I think I might add the re-groups to an additional column in the raw data and re-upload. Quite disappointing that there isn't an easy way to group responses in Stats IQ, seems like it should be fairly straightforward and obvious thing that would be frequently required (granular scales often being grouped into variety of Top 2, Top 3 Box... etc in range of market research).
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Have you tried renaming variables in the survey questions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You can try "Bucketing", I am not sure till what extent this will help to resolve the query. But you can give it a try.

Below is the support page (at survey Data & Analysis):
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/data/add-new-fields/bucketing-variable-creation/

You can also use bucketing at StatsiQ, below is the documentation:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/stats-iq/variable-creation-weighting/stats-iq-variable-creation/#Bucketing

Leave a Reply