Once a user/survey is connected to a Salesforce Org, how can you change that org?

WCM
WCM Community Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Qubie ✭

I have a survey setup to connect to one of our Salesforce Orgs via a response mapping. When I set this up, I was asked to sign into Salesforce. Now, it doesn't appear that I can change the org the survey is connected to. When I create a new survey and go into response mapping, it's connecting me to the same SF org automatically. However I need this other survey to connect to a different Salesforce org. Do you know how I can accomplish this?

Best Answer

• SamS
    SamS Provo, UTModerator, Community Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Moderator
    Accepted Answer

Hi @WCM! It looks like you've already gotten a lot of great recommendations! For your specific use case, I'd recommend reaching out to the Integrations Support Team so they can help you troubleshoot your specific Salesforce-related questions!

Answers

• MsIreen
    MsIreen FinlandCommunity Member, XMPN Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Superuser ✭✭✭✭

@WCM Try opening in another browser. Works for me

• JenCX
    JenCX Broomfield, COCommunity Member, XM Advocate, XMPN Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I understand, you can only be connected to one org per survey at a time. Did you already try signing in with the different org on the other survey?

• WCM

@MsIreen thanks for your response. I've tried in IE, Chrome, and Firefox. Are you able to share a screenshot/describe where you can change the connection at? I have one survey connected to "Salesforce A". I've gone into another survey that I want to connect to "Salesforce B" and it's only showing me objects from "Salesforce A" and I don't see a way to change the connection. (I've attached a screenshot)

• MsIreen
    MsIreen FinlandCommunity Member, XMPN Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

@WCM interesting... When I open the mapping in another browser, it immediately tells me that i need to log in to Salesforce

and then i land in the SF login page

• WCM

@jpardicusick "Survey 1" is connected to "Salesforce A" . When I go into "Survey 2", it's automatically connected to "Salesforce A" and I don't see an option to change the org. Our need is not to connect a survey to multiple SF orgs. Our need is not to connect a single survey to multiple orgs. Our need is to figure out how to change which org a survey is connected to. If that means creating the survey from scratch, that's fine, but it's not allowing me to change which org I'm connected to.

• MsIreen

@WCM May be the easiest option would be to create different accounts for different SF orgs?

• JenCX
    JenCX Broomfield, COCommunity Member, XM Advocate, XMPN Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭

@WCM I gotcha. And what happens when you try to sign in to SFDC on Survey 2? I was able to switch from our sandbox to our production using that method, so perhaps it will work for you too. I just signed in again and changed the org. It didn't prompt me immediately but if you do the same method to sign in as you did before in Survey 1 (Tools>Salesforce>Setup Link to Salesforce Account) in Survey 2 and just sign into Salesforce B.

Let me know if that works for you! I'm curious now.

Sign In to Comment

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!