Issues with interoperation with Inquisit | XM Community
Solved

Issues with interoperation with Inquisit

• 10 January 2019
  • 7 replies

Dear Community,

I am trying to set up a study where participants start in Qualtrics after that are redirected to Inquisit and should be sent back to where they left in the Qualtrics Questionnaire.
I figured out how to share the subjectid between Qualtrics and Inquisit and that seems to work out fine. But when participants are sent back to Qualtrics the starting page appears instead of the page where they left off.

The Survey Option "Save and Continue" is enabled, so this can't be the issue. If I copy the anonymous link of my study into my browser it also sents me back to where I left. Only if I'm directly redirected from Inquisit it doesn't work. I checked the URL several times and it's the right one.

When Inquisit sents me back to Qualtrics the Query-Parameter of the subjectid is attached, so the link looks like this "URL?subjectid=R_asjakjsaasjk". Could that be an issue?

Also: currently participants click on a link to reach the Inquisit part and are redirected in the same window. Is it possible to directly redirect participants within a study or only at the end of a study?

Thank you so much for your help, I ran out of ideas and really hope anyone can help me with that issue.

Alex
icon

Best answer by TomG 10 January 2019, 17:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Is it appearing at the same point in the questionnaire for everyone? Perhaps the trick is to direct them to a _new_ survey, still passing that subject ID to allow for pairing in the analysis phase.
That would be one option, but I randomized the order in which the tasks are presented. So that wouldn't be possible for this study.
Any idea where the mistake might be? Because it should be possible and it actually workes once when I tried it out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
When you say SubjectID- are you pulling from the randomly generated unique URL query on a qualtrics survey? Or are you creating and assigning the subjectID?

I know they only way I can every resume is by using the unique links. So, as long as that is what you are considering a "SubjectID"- I'm at a loss :neutral:
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
The url that Inquisit is redirecting them to has to be EXACTLY the same as the url they started the Qualtrics survey with.
Hi Alex, did you ever figure this out? I am having the same exact issue with my study - I have the IAT block randomly assigned to either beginning or end of survey flow, and subject just clicks a link to launch my Inquisit script. After they finish the IAT, I want to return them to Qualtrics to pick up the survey where they left off; however, they are being returned to the survey launch page. First, what did you set as the target for Inquisit URL from Qualtrics (i.e. open in same window, new window, etc.). Second, did you have to code something into your IAT script to tell Inquisit NOT to append the Subject ID to the Qualtrics URL when redirecting back to Qualtrics to finish the study? Since it adds this automatically, I'm not sure how to prevent it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @trisarahtops76 said:
> Hi Alex, did you ever figure this out? I am having the same exact issue with my study - I have the IAT block randomly assigned to either beginning or end of survey flow, and subject just clicks a link to launch my Inquisit script. After they finish the IAT, I want to return them to Qualtrics to pick up the survey where they left off; however, they are being returned to the survey launch page. First, what did you set as the target for Inquisit URL from Qualtrics (i.e. open in same window, new window, etc.). Second, did you have to code something into your IAT script to tell Inquisit NOT to append the Subject ID to the Qualtrics URL when redirecting back to Qualtrics to finish the study? Since it adds this automatically, I'm not sure how to prevent it.

One solution would be to have Inquisit redirect to an intermediary web script that strips off the Subject ID then redirects to Qualtrics.
Thanks for your suggestion, @TomG

Leave a Reply