Can Qualtrics be Integrated with RedCap in anyway? | XM Community
Solved

Can Qualtrics be Integrated with RedCap in anyway?

• 10 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
Right now I have a survey that redirects to a RedCap survey. I want to tie the responses from both surveys together so I was wondering if any direct integration is possible so that I can achieve this.
icon

Best answer by TomG 10 January 2019, 21:45

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
So long as RedCap also allows for API you should be able to. But Qualtrics does not have that integration out-of-the box, so you will need a developer to build it our for you; qualtrics won't offer support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
I don't know anything about RedCap, but you should be able to add the embedded data field ResponseID to your Qualtrics Survey flow. Then include it as a url parameter in the redirect to RedCap. As long as you can capture the parameter in RedCap, you'll have a field that you can use to match responses.

You would pipe the ResponseID into the redirect url, something like:
https://redcap_url?&ResponseID=${e://Field/ResponseID}
Badge +2
That is really good idea Tom but unfortunately there is no way I can capture that field in RedCap. However, is there anyway I can do the opposite, like capturing a RedCap field in Qualtrics?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @cflasrado18 said:
> That is really good idea Tom but unfortunately there is no way I can capture that field in RedCap. However, is there anyway I can do the opposite, like capturing a RedCap field in Qualtrics?

Yes, if you redirect from RedCap to Qualtrics you can add a parameter to the url. If you add that parameter to the survey flow and its value will be saved in the Qualtrics response data.
Userlevel 2
Badge +8
You could export your Qualtrics data, reformat it and import it into your REDCap project or as others have said you could write an API to do this.

Do you know what we need to reformat the qualtrics survey into so REDcap can read it?
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/13032#Comment_13032

Leave a Reply