Building Gamified UK User Type | XM Community
Solved

Building Gamified UK User Type

• 29 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Dear All,

I want to make Gamified UK User Type Test online using qualtrics https://gamified.uk/UserTypeTest2016/user-type-test.php#.XD1SakxuKdI
I wrote the 24 questions but I did not find any tool that correlates number of responses together to determine one type of player.

The survey is about classifying students according to their type of player: according to their selection, the type of player will be determined
https://qglobalops.co1.qualtrics.com/WRQualtricsSurveyEngine/File.php?F=F_1LHXNrQrjGz6df2

Could you help me please?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Kate 6 February 2019, 22:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
That type of correlation in the survey platform itself is not possible. You're not going to be able to simply pop out type at the end of the survey.

Do they need to know like right then what their type is? My workaround would be to collect all of the responses, preform the analysis as intended, and then use iQ Directory to update their panelist information with the type as embedded data. Then you can send a "thank you" email distribution which reveals the type to them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Sara_Elkady1987 - What is the underlying math behind this? There has to be background logic being applied that could be copied in Qualtrics, if understood.

Most likely you will use scoring, math operations, and grouping through the survey flow.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@akdashboard read the article- their using a series of pearsons, spearmans, and kendalls. The math operations functions in Qualtrics are helpful, but I don't think don't go far enough as of right now. They do additions, averages, decimal rounding... theoretically you might get there but just writing it would take so much with that not intuitive method they have in the ED. Maybe with some additional Java but it's a pretty complex functionality.

I'm not designing the research- but IMO the effort it would take to design the math in qualtrics, it feels like writing in r would be much less effort.
Dear Kate and Akdashboard,

Thanks for you answers, I think I will do your suggestions @Kate. The students are not going to know their type of player.

Leave a Reply