Increasing width of the survey on screen | XM Community
Solved

Increasing width of the survey on screen

• 29 January 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
Is there a way to increase the width of your survey on screen? I ideally would like the images (which are in the "choice text" boxes) to appear to the left of my sliders, but due to the tight constraint of the survey on screen, everything is squeezed to the middle of the screen and the images appear above the scales (see image attached)--It seems there is a lot of wasted space.

!
icon

Best answer by fleb 30 January 2019, 08:44

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Hi ,
you can do it using custom CSS. Check the answer of @AbdulDezkam in this discussion.
In case your images will be still above the question, you can modify the layout of the question as described in this discussion.
Badge +1
Thank you @fleb .
Badge +1
@fleb the custom CSS to change the width of he survey worked great, but the question layout modification discussion was not quite what I was looking for. I would like the images to appear to the left of each sliding scale rather than on top of the sliding scale. All of the images are "choices" under one question (see attached image for question format).

!
Badge +1
Update: I was able to get the images to position on the left of the slider by unchecking the "mobile friendly" box on the question. However, it is important that the "choice" images are the same size as my reference image (400px wide), then have the sliders start after each image. Is there any way to do this? (see attached image)

!
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Hi @MauroUsabilitySci ,
I don't really understand why there is a problem now. Adjusting the width of the image in HTML doesn't work?
Could you paste your HTML code here?
Badge +1
Hi @fleb . Thanks for being willing to help -- the width adjustment did work. The issue I am having now is that the sliding scales extend across the entire screen, making my images to the left of the sliding scales very small. I would like the images next to the scale to be the same size as the reference image (400px wide), which they are in my survey creator, but when I go to preview the survey, the images are much smaller (as you can see in the above image). Do you know if there is some code I can insert to keep the images 400px wide and have the scales begin further in on the page after the image?

Is this more clear?
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Hi @MauroUsabilitySci ,
what about decreasing with of the slider?

Leave a Reply