Any possibility that I can add countdown timing with single question per page is applied? | XM Community
Solved

Any possibility that I can add countdown timing with single question per page is applied?

• 31 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi, I am trying to add countdown timing to my survey (it is an examination to participant) and it has be to one question per page. So I have modified in Look & Feel ans set Question per page as 1. However I could not see the timing anymore due to the limitation (timing only available to a set of questions that displayed in same page). Any alternative way I can make the timing works? Or maybe prompt them when it is 5 minutes left?
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 31 January 2019, 19:15

View original

2 replies

Hello @Jiechin_123 ,

Instead from look and feel tab give page break from survey editor
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@Jienchin_123 you might want to check out this post: https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/692/can-i-set-a-time-limit-for-a-survey

Qualtrics doesn't seem to have a great way to show a timer for a testing limit but with a little bit of manipulation you can get close.

See the attahed .qsf file that you can upload into your account.
What it is doing:
Survey Editor:
* Each question is its own block
* The blocks can be two questions a piece if you need to randomize the order of the blocks (otherwise you can just put the question in your first block without the descriptive text question)
* Subsequent blocks have two elements 1) descriptive text that uses embedded data fields and math to calculate then display minutes remaining when the student first starts the page and 2) the question that should appear on that page

Survey Flow:
1. Embedded data field set for Q_TotalDuration (use options to change this from Text to Number or the math won't work)
2. First question
3. Groups for additional questions that a) calculates seconds left (this example is for 20 minutes or 1200 seconds you will need to change that number to your limit. Option was also changed from Text to Numeric for the programming to work) and b) displays the block

You can make this fancier by putting all of the blocks in groups and moving them into a randomizer if you want to mix up question order. And you can expand to what the previous post was talking about with adding branching logic into the group to get it to terminate after time has elapsed (not as time elapses). See the last part of the survey flow for an example of this.

Leave a Reply