Mark a question as not participating in the mean score based on a particular choice | XM Community
Solved

Mark a question as not participating in the mean score based on a particular choice

• 31 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have 3 questions in my survey. Let's say the scoring logic should be:

Q1: Choice 1: 100, Choice 2, 0
Q2: Choice 1: 100, Choice 2, remove this question from the scoring system when calculating mean score, and go to Q2.1
Q2.1 (skipped if Q2 has Choice 1): Choice 1: 100, Choice 2: 0

During the preview, if I choose Choice 1 for Q1 and Choice 1 for Q2, I get a mean score of 100, which is desired. But if I choose Choice 1 for Q1, Choice 2 for Q2, and then Choice 1 for Q2.1, I get a mean score of 67. It looks like Q2's weight is considered in the calculation of the mean score. Is there a way to mark a question as not participating in the scoring system based on a particular choice? In this scenario I would like to see a mean score of 100 if the choices for the three questions are 1 2 1.

Thanks for any suggestions.
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 31 January 2019, 19:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@YilunLuo I am assuming in your scoring scheme you put Question 2 choice 2 as 0, but you should just leave it blank. On your question 2 scoring hit clear. Then for choice 1 put in 100 and leave choice 2 alone. See attached example.
Hi, @bstrahin, that's exactly what I need. Thanks a lot!

Leave a Reply