Broken Survey Flow- Survey set to "expire" 3 days has stopped working | XM Community

Broken Survey Flow- Survey set to "expire" 3 days has stopped working

• 12 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
I'm trying to "Fix" a survey flow in which we had the survey set to "expire" 3 days after it is sent and via the "Embedded Data:" in the Survey Flow this previously worked and now it doesn't. The person who set it up can't remember why they set it up this way. I'm new to Qualtrics, so I'm trying to figure out how to fix this. Any help, direction, or insight would be appreciated.

Currently we have in the Survey Flow-
Set Embedded Data-
A bunch of stuff integrating with SF....
ExpiryDate=${date://OtherDate/Y/-3 days}-${date://OtherDate/m/-3 days}-${date://OtherDate/d/-3 days} (this is where it is going wrong.....)
expired=false
Then Branch If:
If ExpiryDate is Greater Than ${e://Field/sfDate_Resource_Center_Survey_Sent__c}
Set Embedded Data:
expired=true
End of Survey

I can't figure out where "OtherDate" comes from....

4 replies

Badge +2
Hello! Something similar happened in one of my projects. Which date format are you using in ExpiryDate? Try with this format: YYYY-MM-DD.

Best,
Badge +2
Thank you @alejandra_rojas_voce

ExpiryDate is set to = ${date://OtherDate/Y/-3 days}-${date://OtherDate/m/-3 days}-${date://OtherDate/d/-3 days}

So it's not date formatted?

I still think the core issue is that "OtherDate" that is included in the formula is not established anywhere in the Survey Flow. That's where I don't know Qualtrics enough to know if that is a default field that doesn't have to come out in the Survey Flow or its missing in the Survey Flow, hence the issue of the formula not having it to reference. Does that make sense?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Can you share a .qsf of the survey (tools > import/export> export survey)? Then we can look at your survey flow.

My guess is that is that "OtherDate" is a Sales Force date, but I am not sure why it is being shifted back by 3 for year, month and day (indicated by -3 and Y/m/d).

Can you give an example of what "OtherDate" and "ExpiryDate" look like (i.e. an example from a single record)?
Badge +2
@Akdashboard Thank you for your response!

I've attached the .qsf of the survey.

"OtherDate" is not a Salesforce field. I honestly don't know where it came from, which is part of the issue.

So the purpose is to "expire" the survey link 3 days after the survey is sent.

Supposedly this once worked, but we aren't really sure and the person who set it up has moved to another team and does not remember how/why they set it up this way, so we are open to changing it to however is recommended to accomplish our goal of "expiring" the survey link 3 days after it is sent.

Neither one of those fields come from Salesforce.....so I don't have any examples.

Thank you for looking at this!!

Leave a Reply