experiment/social media question | XM Community
Question

experiment/social media question

• 26 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,
I have one specific question, so for my research I would like to design an experiment. in this experiment after participants answer a few questions , I would like them to browse their social media profile for 5 minutes and then the browser needs to be closed so they can continue to the experiment. I know there is an option to redirect participants to specific link but is there any way I can arrange this so there is a time limitation as well? thanks
Aylin

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hey, @acaka! I know you posted this looking for a custom code solution, but I just wanted to mention that we have a Timing Question that may help you accomplish this. As always, feel free to reach out to our Support Team if you have any further questions on how to use this feature.
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Hi @acaka ,
what about not to redirect participant to the link outside of the survey but open the link inside the survey using HTML? Then you could just auto-advance after five minutes using either JavaScript or timer.
I don't know which media you want to use, but for example Facebook has its Page Plugin .
Generally, pages can be displayed inside other ones using iframe, but some pages don't allow it.

Leave a Reply