Question of the Day | XM Community
Solved

Question of the Day

• 26 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone,

This might be a bit long-winded, but please bear with me! I have a faculty member who wants to use qualtrics in order to distribute a "question of the day" (QoD) to the students. Since the students will be working in the wards (medical school) and only have their phone on hand at all times, she wants several things:

1. To distribute the survey/QoD via SMS and allow the students to take the survey/QoD via SMS (no links to and from anywhere).
2. Timed distribution of each QoD
3. Provide the students with instant feedback to the question of the day after they respond - in other words, you got it right/wrong and here's why.
4. Provide the students with data/a report that shows his/her performance in comparison to those who have already answered the question.
5. Group the questions by specialty (OBGYN, Family Med, Surgery, etc.)
6. Provide each student with a comprehensive report within each speciality (so lets say in OBGYN, the student answered 2 out of the 10 QoD's correctly and 75% of the respondents got it right; this student clearly needs to work on this category as he/she goes forward and has this data to help him/her along the way)

My question is, is this all feasible with qualtrics, and what survey platform would be best to use in order to achieve this? I've been messing around with XM's research core, but i keep running into walls. HELP!

Thank you for taking the time to read and possibly (hopefully) responding with some much-appreciated guidance.

Best,
S.
icon

Best answer by Kate 27 February 2019, 15:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
It's possible in Qualtrics, but you're going to have to do a lot of non-standard things and work-around for sure. It feels too tedious to be the best solution for sure.

It's a school- I'd explore the capabilities of your LMS to do testing.
> @Kate said:
> It's possible in Qualtrics, but you're going to have to do a lot of non-standard things and work-around for sure. It feels too tedious to be the best solution for sure.
>
> It's a school- I'd explore the capabilities of your LMS to do testing.

Thanks for your response and I agree with the tedious aspect of it, but the faculty are currently using it in some capacity already and are trying to use the current resources available to the school before looking at other options. Our LMS is homegrown and unfortunately does not have these capabilities, so I was trying to gage some folks in seeing if anyone has used it in a similar fashion and what steps they took to make it work.

Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@Srs89 I think you're going to have to create questions of the day as individual projects. And you'll want to to mark in the embedded data the specialty that question pertained to.

Because this would be totally separate projects, for the analysis you will want to export everything and then combine all of your data sets in order to conduct the type of analysis you're describing. Which means each student will need a report created by hand. Although maybe I'm wrong- perhaps Vocalize might be able to help you combine those data sets (I don't have the product myself).

There may be an opportunity to program something to make that process faster if this is something you anticipate doing every semester for a few years.

Leave a Reply