Carrying forward a slider question and answers for adjustment | XM Community
Solved

Carrying forward a slider question and answers for adjustment

• 27 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
Participants will go through and answer a series of slider questions (formatted all as one question with multiple sliders). I would then like to be able to pipe forward the same sliders to the next page with their answers and ask the participants to go through and check their answers and make any adjustments they feel are necessary. Does anyone have logic or JS to do this? Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Kate 27 February 2019, 16:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
You should be able to use the Survey Flow to re-display the same blocks which contain the answers for review and adjustment.
Badge +1
> @Kate said:
> You should be able to use the Survey Flow to re-display the same blocks which contain the answers for review and adjustment.

@kate thanks for the suggestion! However, I would like to add additional instructions/edit the question text at the top of the page to instruct them, so I am not sure that re-displaying the same block will work for this. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@MauroUsabilitySciMauroUsabilitySci You're totally right... Perhaps someone does have code for you. to get you your ideal state.

However- a simple method if the answer doesn't come fast enough: You can use a block that is just the description text you want to add. "Previous answers are re-displayed now for your review". Then re-display the block.

Regardless: Keep in mind that re-displaying the old questions are going to forever edit in the data in the collection phase. You won't be able to see "before" vs. "after" scales. If you want that, you're going to want to go a separate method of creating the same questions a second time that pipe forward old responses. IDK if that matters to you or not- but something to note that I thought might be pertinent.

Leave a Reply