Multiple Users Collaborating on Single Survey Entry - Retaking Survey | XM Community
Solved

Multiple Users Collaborating on Single Survey Entry - Retaking Survey

• 28 February 2019
  • 1 reply

I would like to distribute a survey that would allow multiple users to collaborate on a single response, but also have the ability to submit the survey, open a new (blank) survey again and collaborate once more.

The users would be collaborating across computers, so if one person fills out a portion of the survey, another person could click the specific link and continue editing. I tried using a personal link for this, but once one survey is submitted, you can no longer use that link to submit another survey. Is there any way around this?

As a note: multiple groups of users will be collaborating on this survey, so there needs to be a designation (via links, etc.) that ensure the answers the groups enter are separate.
icon

Best answer by JenCX 28 February 2019, 18:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I made some assumptions about your context (aka pre-determined teams working on a collaboration) What I would do is create personal links for each team, then amend each link with the retake code snippet. I -believe- this will work without having taken the survey once first but you'll want to test it. You can find the code to amend by creating a personal link for yourself, taking the survey, creating a retake link, then comparing the two URLs and find what's different.

As far as submitting and creating a blank survey again, maybe you could add a question to the end of your survey that asks if they need to do a new collaboration and use that to trigger an email to you (so you can create a new personal link w/ amendment).

It's not a super elegant way to do it, so someone else may have a better idea but I believe this will satisfy your use case.

Leave a Reply