Is there a way to restrict a text response question in a widget? | XM Community
Solved

Is there a way to restrict a text response question in a widget?

• 14 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +20
Hi All! I don't think this is possible but I'm a newbie so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
We are using a survey to capture feedback when people willingly separate from the company. HR completes the survey, F2F instead of sending a link, and one of the questions is: Employee Name allowing HR to type in the information. HR is creating their dashboard and they would like to provide access to the respective business units but do not want to show the employee name. The only way I can think to accomplish this is to not create a widget that shows the info and not allow the full survey response to show when clicking into a widget. I've tried restricting data when sharing the dashboard but text questions do not seem to be an option. Plus the restrictions seem to work in a way to only show specific info vs. show everything except specific info.

Is there another way?

TIA ~Kim
icon

Best answer by JenCX 14 March 2019, 20:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I may be oversimplifying this but can you just exclude that question from the dashboard overall and use the question/data that has the department to segment by business unit?
Userlevel 4
Badge +20
@jpardicusick when I mapped everything over I did remove that question. However, when you click on a widget to see the full response, that is what you see. I'm guessing because the survey response being shown is different from the data that is mapped?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Ah ha! I understand now.

This is an inelegant work around but perhaps you can store the answer as a piece of Embedded Data, and then clear out the question at the end.

I'm thinking something like having the name question at the end of the survey, then including a 'Next' button that actually links to a retake link appended with that name question value being "Redacted" or something, then using branching logic to check if the question value = "Redacted" and if so, have a question with javascript to auto-advance to the next screen (which would be the end).

I'm betting some of our resident code gurus can help you with something else but I'm fairly confident that this will work.
Userlevel 4
Badge +20
Interesting workaround! I will see if this is something HR would like me to try, thanks!

Leave a Reply