How can you use the API to create a survey in a group library? | XM Community
Question

How can you use the API to create a survey in a group library?

• 25 March 2019
  • 1 reply

I am currently working on a project for my department and i have successfully done all the individual operations using my own library, but for data integrity reasons, they want to have these surveys run out of a group library. I have been searching the API documentation and the community for a few days and even tried a few things with no success.

ideally i would like to create a the survey, mailings, mail lists, and distributions all in the group library. is this possible? for just about all of the functions i listed, you have to provide a libraryid in the json payload. but for creating a survey you do not and i even tried just adding it, and i just get an unexpected json key error. Is there a way to do this? If i can't create in the group library, can i somehow copy/move it to the group library via the API?

1 reply

I am currently working on a project for my department and i have successfully done all the individual operations using my own library, but for data integrity reasons, they want to have these surveys run out of a group library. I have been searching the API documentation and the community for a few days and even tried a few things with no success.

ideally i would like to create a the survey, mailings, mail lists, and distributions all in the group library. is this possible? for just about all of the functions i listed, you have to provide a libraryid in the json payload. but for creating a survey you do not and i even tried just adding it, and i just get an unexpected json key error. Is there a way to do this? If i can't create in the group library, can i somehow copy/move it to the group library via the API?

sorry for the duplicate, somehow my last post ended up in best practices 😞

Leave a Reply