Using responses of the current survey to display results to the respondent dynamically | XM Community

Using responses of the current survey to display results to the respondent dynamically

• 28 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi,
I'd like to explain my requirement through an example.
I have a survey which would be filled by students of different grades (grade 6, 7, etc.). Each respondents gets a score according to the scoring methodology setup. Let us say 50 students have filled the survey from different grades. Now the 51st student is from Grade 6 and now when he fills the survey and clicks submit, I would like to compare his score to other grade 6 students and display a percentile band to him dynamically on the screen.

What would be the best approach to go about something like this? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

1 reply

Badge +1
Trying to provide dynamic results in this manner is probably not the best method of providing relative percentiles.

When the first students in each grade take the survey, there will be no way to give relative results. When the second students of each grade take it, there will be only a 1:1 comparison. After your numbers increase, the students who took the survey near the beginning may have percentiles that are off as your means stabilize.

You would be better off waiting until all students have taken the survey and then sending them their percentiles. If this is an ongoing survey (i.e. it repeats on a semester or yearly basis), you can process prior results and provide percentile results comparing to the previous year/semester.

Leave a Reply