If you edit the survey after generating personalized links, do you then need to create new links? | XM Community
Solved

If you edit the survey after generating personalized links, do you then need to create new links?

• 29 March 2019
  • 9 replies

I already created personalized links for my survey. Since I generated those links, I have made some edits to the survey. I have not published the survey yet. Does this affect the personalized links? As in, would I need to re-generate them, or does it not matter that I've made edits?
icon

Best answer by TomG 29 March 2019, 15:10

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
No, as long as no one has used the personal links yet, it doesn't matter if you change the survey.
Thank you!!
Same question, but I have published (and re-published) my survey after making changes, but no one has used it just yet. Do I need to re-generate links, or will the personal links sent a while ago, still take the person to the most recent version of the survey rather than to the version that existed when I first set up the links?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @HWigglesworth1 said:
> Same question, but I have published (and re-published) my survey after making changes, but no one has used it just yet. Do I need to re-generate links, or will the personal links sent a while ago, still take the person to the most recent version of the survey rather than to the version that existed when I first set up the links?

Yes, the original links will still work as long as they haven't expired. Anyone who started the survey before the new version was published and their response is in progress, won't see the changes. Anyone who hadn't started the survey before you published the new version will see the new version.
> @TomG said:
> > @HWigglesworth1 said:
> > Same question, but I have published (and re-published) my survey after making changes, but no one has used it just yet. Do I need to re-generate links, or will the personal links sent a while ago, still take the person to the most recent version of the survey rather than to the version that existed when I first set up the links?
>
> Yes, the original links will still work as long as they haven't expired. Anyone who started the survey before the new version was published and their response is in progress, won't see the changes. Anyone who hadn't started the survey before you published the new version will see the new version.

Thank you so much!
Badge

For those who started the survey before the change, do I need to send them a new link?

Badge +2

TomG How about edit the personal link details as such incorrect email address, is it possible the previous personal link that generate still work after a change?

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

ricsdpl
You can make the changes until the survey is opened. The new changes will come within the survey completely. The personal link is generated via the contact id and not by any specific contact field. Hence you should be good to go and do not need to generate a new personal link!

Hope it helps!

Badge +2

Thank you Deepak!

Leave a Reply