Question about adding scoring halfway through survey data collection and how to report avg score? | XM Community
Solved

Question about adding scoring halfway through survey data collection and how to report avg score?

• 29 March 2019
  • 3 replies

I have a multiple choice question that currently goes from very negative to very positive. I want to add scoring to each one so that very positive =5, very negative = 1, etc. Then I want to be able to report an average score in the reporting section.

My question is, if I add the score to the question and publish halfway through data collection, will it remove previous answers to that question? Will previous answers be given a score or will they be left blank? If they are left blank, can I manually go back and add the scores?

In the reporting section, is there an easy way to report on the average of the scores? Ie., if one person selects a 5, and the other person selects a 1, it should be an average of 3 for the score.
icon

Best answer by KendraR 12 April 2019, 00:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
If you have a multiple choice question, internally it has assigned a number, for example if you have 5 scale points, the first one will be internally coded as 1, the second as 2, etc. You could modify the point's labels to make the scale explicit if you want.

For reporting the average you could try a Gauge Chart.
Thank you! One last question. Should I use scoring or recode values? What's the advantage of both?
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hey, @Jen! Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that scoring is retroactive and will be applied to all previously collected responses, as well as future responses. If you have any further questions on the functionality of scoring, feel free to reach out to our Support Team! 😃

Leave a Reply