what to do when qualtrics displayed " This question is not displayed to respondents"? | XM Community
Solved

what to do when qualtrics displayed " This question is not displayed to respondents"?

I am collecting data. I tested the instrument several times. However, collecting the data for my survey, many of the responses state " This question not displayed to respondent". I am in the last week of collecting data and most of the responses returned this "non-response" statement.
Please advise, thanks
Han
icon

Best answer by Kate 22 April 2019, 20:29

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
There might be some survey logic over the questions that is why you are seeing this message. It appears only when question is skipped due to some display or skipping logic.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi NCU,

In this case you can check if there are any skipped logics that may be causing this and send retake links to the respondents to have this missing fields filled up.
Only some, or the majority of responses displayed this technicality. However, no skipped logic is applied.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@NCU Double check your survey flow. It may not be exactly skipped logic, it may be a flow issue occurring there. You can post a screenshot and the community would help you review.

My other thought would be to check in survey options to see when you have incomplete responses recording. What may be happening is people start your survey, but do not finish, and your settings are such that it records those incomplete responses.
Thanks for the response Kate. Only 5 respondents were shown the questions of the 20 qualified. All the others showed the "Questions were not....".
I will check the flow and your other suggestions. I very new to this software, and did some due diligence. Thanks
Han
I checked the flow, and the survey options, but do not see anything that would cause the block to only select some of the respondents. This is my final week for collection. I have only 5 out of the 20 completed because of the issue!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@NCU if you are unable to post screenshots, I would recommend you call support. They can log into your account and help you find the issue.
Thanks for the suggestion

i have the same problem? who can help me out here urgently?

I had this problem, & Maddy from the Support Team helped me fix it.
I had published my study several weeks previous and then made loads of edits to it. The questions weren't showing up for participants because they were questions I'd added/changed AFTER I'd published the study. You need to click 'Publish' again after making changes in order for the new questions to be shown to participants.
I think Qualtrics needs a little reminder function to tell you your respondents won't see your changes until you click Publish - because the survey all saves automatically, I thought the changes published automatically too.
Hope this helps others!

Badge

Hi guys, I am having the same problem. Anyone have updates on how to fix this?
Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 7.02.51 am.png

Leave a Reply