Matrix Table and Display Logic | XM Community
Solved

Matrix Table and Display Logic

• 25 April 2019
  • 5 replies

I have a Matrix table along the lines of:

Please rank the following items (list of ten items) as: Very Satisfied, Satisfied, Neutral, Dissatisfied, Very Dissatisfied

I then want to use Display Logic to display an additional question if say 5 of the 10 answers are Dissatisfied or Lower. Something along the lines of "You indicated you were dissatisfied with several items, please explain"

Using the display logic and the COUNT function, I can display the question if 5+ of the answers are Dissatisfied or Very, but I can't get it to display if say the TOTAL of both dissatisfied and very dissatisfied are 5+.

I've tried so many different permutations, but can't seem to just find the right way to do it. It seems like it something that should be possible, I'm just missing the key.
icon

Best answer by WaterSampler 25 April 2019, 21:08

View original

5 replies

Badge +1
Have you tried scoring? You can create multiple scoring categories if you have more than one question of this type. It is under the tools menu.l
How would you use that in conjunction with the Display Logic? So say I went in and ranked all my choices from 5 (Very Satisfied) to 1 (Very Dissatisfied). Is there something now where I can tell the Display logic to pop the question if the total Score of the table is less than X?
> @echidnadsn said:
> How would you use that in conjunction with the Display Logic? So say I went in and ranked all my choices from 5 (Very Satisfied) to 1 (Very Dissatisfied). Is there something now where I can tell the Display logic to pop the question if the total Score of the table is less than X?

Set the scoring of Dissatisfied or Lower column to 1, then at display logic set the condition as - if score is 5 or grater than 5 then display.
Sorry, I don't see anything referring to Score in the conditions. It just has "If OPTION is/isn't selected", "If OPTION (Count) is =,>,<"

As far as I can tell, nothing indicates the score.

!
> @echidnadsn said:
> Sorry, I don't see anything referring to Score in the conditions. It just has "If OPTION is/isn't selected", "If OPTION (Count) is =,>,<"
>

You need to break the block between matrix question and other question, and store the score in the Embedded data in the survey flow. Now use this Embedded data in the display logic of other question

Leave a Reply