How to personalize an email | XM Community
Solved

How to personalize an email

• 27 April 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi all. I would like to distribute an email to a number of recipients and want to personalize each email e.g. Dear Daisy Mafubelu, how do I do this?
icon

Best answer by Daisy 27 April 2019, 13:35

View original

8 replies

Badge +1
Under library (on the top right of the screen), choose Messages Library.

There you create an Invite Email.

In the editor, you can insert piped text {A} and choose first name and last name from your email list.
Thank you very much, it works!
Hi
I am having problems with personalising the email invite. I have selected first name field but this does not display on the email
Badge

Hi everyone,
I tried the above, but it is not working for me, also... I tried the piped text{A} and also changing the html code directly, but it doesn't pull the name registered in the contact list.
Can you kindly help with this one?
thanks
Deni

Badge

Oh, I just saw the below on the "flow" session - could this be the reason why? Is there a way to be able to unblock it?
image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The piped text for first and last name is not from Embedded data but rather from Contact Fields. You don't need to set them as Embedded data in survey flow, it's automatically brought into the data (as long as you have it in the contact list - you should check).
image.png

Badge

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/41278#Comment_41278Hi InessaG
Thanks a lot! Now I understood what happened... I was using the "send preview email", and for whatever reason it was not linking the data... I created a random one and sent it as an acutal survey and it worked.
Thank you!!
Denise

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Preview emails never include embedded data piped text since they're not linked to any particular contact. They're only useful for testing your overall look & feel of the email.

Leave a Reply