Using the API, how to export a response survey as PDF? | XM Community
Question

Using the API, how to export a response survey as PDF?

• 17 May 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone, as most of you have experienced, there is a way in the web app to export the responses of a specific participant as a PDF. I have been trying to replicate that step using the API. However, I cannot find a way on how to do it. It looks that currently there is no way do that process using the API, but I was wondering if there is a "hacky-way" that someone has found, or if there is another idea on how to export a specific response of a survey as a PDF? If anyone can shed some light on this question, I will appreciate it.
Thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Use the API to get the response data, then have your script create the pdf. There are a number of libraries available for creating pdfs, but it depends on the language you are using.
Hi TomG

Thanks for the response. I am currently trying to format the document with Markdown, and then I will try to export it as a PDF.

FYI, I have also asked Qualtrics support about this, but it is official that the current API version does not have that feature. They will probably release it in the next one.

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
> @TomG said:
> Use the API to get the response data, then have your script create the pdf. There are a number of libraries available for creating pdfs, but it depends on the language you are using.

Can you suggest a couple? I'm trying to find a good way to do this and would love some references.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Akdashboard said:
> > @TomG said:
> > Use the API to get the response data, then have your script create the pdf. There are a number of libraries available for creating pdfs, but it depends on the language you are using.
>
> Can you suggest a couple? I'm trying to find a good way to do this and would love some references.

https://ourcodeworld.com/articles/read/226/top-5-best-open-source-pdf-generation-libraries-for-php

Leave a Reply