Is the 'Try it' function in the Qualtrics API no longer working? | XM Community
Solved

Is the 'Try it' function in the Qualtrics API no longer working?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
I wanted to test the API function https://api.qualtrics.com/reference#create-response-export-new but I received a '400 bad request' error with 'Cannot download response export file through datacenter proxing, please retry using the url of the datacenter the API user belongs to.' The problem is there is no way for me to enter the datacenter ID in the 'Try It' editor and the documentation on the Try It editor seems to be out of date on the support site.
icon

Best answer by KendraR 30 May 2019, 19:26

View original

3 replies

Badge +1
Had the same problem yesterday. Some functions worked others did not. You could try using the copy function and editing the data in a text editor to get the URL with the correct data center.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi @w.patrick.gale! Just wanted to mention that the "Try It" button has feature limitations and not every call is supported by it. In this specific case, you will not be able to download responses via the "Try It' button, but we suggest using the Postman app as an alternative option. If you have any further questions on the best way to test out the API function, feel free to contact our Support Team! 😃
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
> @KendraR said:
> Hi @w.patrick.gale! Just wanted to mention that the "Try It" button has feature limitations and not every call is supported by it.

Could the API documentation be updated to flag the areas where Try It will not work so we aren't wasting our time trying to Try It? Simply adding an alert saying "Try It will not work with this API call" is all that is needed. The call I was trying WAS NOT the call to download the file but to simply create the export.

Leave a Reply