A "prettier" individual response report? | XM Community
Solved

A "prettier" individual response report?

We are using Qualtrics for a form that will be filed for future reference. The form makes use of the signature type question. Simply downloading a response as a PDF, you can't really customize the look, hidden questions are displayed, all the embedded data is at the end, etc. Is there a way to display responses one at a time in a more readable format, maybe with Reports?
icon

Best answer by JenCX 31 May 2019, 17:03

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
This is not an automatic process but one of the solution:

You can create one more survey with only questions that you want in report and then you can import the response from original survey to new survey and export PDF from this new survey.
That's not a bad idea. I want to have a little more control over the formatting, but that would be better than nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Depending on if you're okay with getting emails instead of PDFs, you can create an email action to trigger on each survey completion and then customize the email with HTML and pipe in the answers you do want to see.
@jpardicusick, that could almost work, but the rub is that we need to see the signature. Do you know of a way to pipe in the signature file URL?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@ejr020 Hmm, I feel like there could be a way, but you may need some help from our Custom Code gurus. In this section, looks like they display what the variable names are called, if that's helpful.
> @ejr020 said:
> @jpardicusick, that could almost work, but the rub is that we need to see the signature. Do you know of a way to pipe in the signature file URL?

In signature question, the file id is generated after the response is completed hence we cannot pipe in the file URL
Thank you, @Shashi, that makes sense. It does sort of put me back at square one though. With the number of people who use Qualtrics for business forms, I imagine this has to have come up before. Any ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
> @Shashi said:
> > @ejr020 said:
> > @jpardicusick, that could almost work, but the rub is that we need to see the signature. Do you know of a way to pipe in the signature file URL?
>
> In signature question, the file id is generated after the response is completed hence we cannot pipe in the file URL

I could be totally off-base here, so please correct me if I'm wrong but if the action is set to trigger after the response is completed, would that work for then filling the file ID? Or is there no way to grab the file ID after the response is completed but before the action triggers?
> I could be totally off-base here, so please correct me if I'm wrong but if the action is set to trigger after the response is completed, would that work for then filling the file ID? Or is there no way to grab the file ID after the response is completed but before the action triggers?

Unfortunately, there is no way to capture that.
Also, just for information, even in the response in progress if the respondent has answered the signature question, we cannot see the file id.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Ugh, bummer. @ejr020 In that case, I'd recommend contacting support to see if they have an idea. If they don't ask them to file a Feature Request for you.

Leave a Reply