Combining like responses from separate form fields into one field on CX Dashboard | XM Community
Solved

Combining like responses from separate form fields into one field on CX Dashboard

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I have a question on a product survey, asking respondents to identify up to 3 other providers they've used in the last year (see screenshot below). !

We don't want to list our competitors for our customers to choose from, but rather want them to enter the names of the competitors they've worked with. I'd like to group the responses across these fields into one field in the CX Dashboard.

For example, if someone enters "ABC Company" in the first field (Company 1), and someone else lists "ABC Company" in the second field (Company 2), I want both of their responses to count against the value/label of "ABC Company".

I haven't found a way to do this, and am hoping one of you will have a great solution!

Thanks,
Chris Lawton
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 5 June 2019, 15:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
So I can say that this process works, but I cannot for the life of me explain _why it works_ (and I consider myself a pretty smart guy). I tested a few different ways, and this works with the lowest level of effort.

So you need to create a new Generic Group data field in your Dashboard Data and map all your options. Then you need to change the data type to Multi-Answer (it defaults to Text Set).

!

Next, make your widget and do a breakout by (and her is the weird thing) ANY of the data fields in your generic group.

Below is the raw data and how it displays in the widget.

!

!
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Thanks Akdashboard!! I'd created the generic group, but hadn't changed the individual fields to Multi-answer sets. I don't understand why it works, either, but am glad it does!! Thanks for your help!

Leave a Reply