Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Ensure Matrix Question is Displayed to the full width of the window

KSLab
KSLab Community Member Qubie ✭
edited July 8 in Custom Code

Hi All,

I have a matrix question that has 9 response options (it's an established scale, so I don't want to monkey with this). When I try to display it, even if the window is sized large enough, the matrix question gets clipped and requires the use of a horizontal scroll bar to see the last several options:

Is there some CSS (or something else) that I can use to make this question (only) use the full width of the window?

Thanks!

Best Answers

• LibertyW
    LibertyW Tucson, AZCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Sage ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

We had a matrix that was doing this. Adding this to the html fixed it. We figured it was the padding added from our theme. IDK if it will be helpful to anyone else.

.Skin .QuestionOuter.Matrix{ max-width: 100%; }
  • lmr0001
    lmr0001 Community Member Qubie ✭
    Accepted Answer

We solved this by dragging the dividing line (between the questions and the response options) further left. This forces the questions to word wrap in a shorter space and gives more room for the response options.

Answers

• Akdashboard
    Akdashboard South CarolinaCommunity Member Superuser ✭✭✭✭

I am also looking for an answer to this.

• campkim
    campkim Community Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Qubie ✭

I am looking for an answer as well!

• AlyssaL036
    AlyssaL036 Lakewood, COCommunity Member Qubie ✭

I have the same issue.

• ClaireP
    ClaireP Community Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Qubie ✭

I changed the font size of the scale points (moving the divider works and changing the font size of the statements too) until it fit with scrolling.