Date format in CSV that comes from a Scheduled Report Email are unchangeable. | XM Community
Solved

Date format in CSV that comes from a Scheduled Report Email are unchangeable.

• 29 March 2018
  • 1 reply

I have an automated schedule report email that sends a CSV to a list of people on a weekly basis with weekly data. In this CSV there is a start and end date which the end client subtracts to get survey duration. They need the ability to change the date format to make their calculation work but this CSV that is sent from Qualtrics does NOT allow you to change it. You can select a new format but when you hit OK it doesn't do anything.

Some would suggest I just use the embedded field Q_TotalDuration but we are using the offline app and according to the Qualtrics website this does not work with the offline app. We have confirmed that this field does not work as well.

I worked with Qualtrics Support who pointed me to the Data & Analysis tab where I can export this in Legacy format. Doing this did work, but again, this needs to be an automated scheduled report email CSV that I don't touch. They said they had no solution to our problem.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? Or, does anyone have a solution and/or work around for what seems like a simple thing. I asked to put in a feature request to allow us to select Legacy when setting up the scheduled report email CSV but then the support agent left so I have no idea if that happened.

Thank you to anyone who takes a look at this and provides any assistance (good or bad).
icon

Best answer by john_shearer 30 March 2018, 01:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Sorry, this may be a stupid suggestion, but could you create a new embedded data field with the date in the format you need...?

You may need to use a bit of javascript to get the date in the required format...we use this to get today's date:

var date = new Date();

var d = date.getDate();
var m = date.getMonth() + 1;
var y = date.getFullYear();

var today = (d <= 9 ? '0' + d : d) + ' ' + (m <= 9 ? '0' + m : m) + ' ' + y;

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData("today", today);

Presumably this field would then be in the correct format, and would be exported in the csv file as such.

Your users would just need to then use these columns to calculate duration....?

Hope that might be of use.

Leave a Reply