Why some replies are classified as 'preview' although I only sent the survey by email invitation? | XM Community
Solved

Why some replies are classified as 'preview' although I only sent the survey by email invitation?

Badge +2
Hi everyone,

I have submitted my survey to a large sample of firms through email invitation. If I look at the distribution summary, some of these replies are classified as 'preview' and not as 'invite over email'. Can anyone help me understanding what these 'preview' replies are? I have not submitted any preview link. Are these responses in progress that have been moved amongst the final responses?

Many thanks,

Best wishes,

Patrizia
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 26 June 2019, 16:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Did you ever click "Preview" to test out the survey? Or distributed the preview link to anyone to test the survey?

This is an indicator that they are from that link.
Badge +2
Thanks Akdashboard, yes I did a few months ago. However, the questions of the 'preview' replies are the same of the most updated survey. If someone has forwarded an old preview link, can the questions be updated with my recent changes?

Thanks,

Best wishes,

Patrizia
Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi Patrizia!

yes the survey is updated if the link is sent after the changes. The preview link will always be the same and the survey will be updated everytime you publish the changes. The only way an old survey will remain is if the session (link) is opened before the changes and keeps open after the changes are made.
Badge +2
Many thanks Ana-Velez-Voce, I will try to figure out who has forwarded this email then.

There preview replies are anyway included amongst my final replies, right?

Many thanks,

Best wishes,

Patrizia
Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Yes! those preview responses are included in the complete dataset

Leave a Reply