Error when importing external ZIP code data into Qualtrics | XM Community
Solved

Error when importing external ZIP code data into Qualtrics

• 27 June 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi!

In order to analyze ZIP code data which respondents provided (984 total), I had to first export the zip codes, standardize to ensure 5 digits ("0" added to less than 5 digit entries), and then use a vlookup formula to bucket them into two new buckets which we want to analyze by (NY Metro v Non-NY Metro) - see sample data below.

!

However, when I go to import the .csv file back into Qualtrics I'm unable to as it says 'No columns have been selected to important' (see below). How can I upload this data so that I'm then able to analyze by these two new buckets?

!

Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by KendraR 17 July 2019, 15:28

View original

2 replies

Hi!

In order to analyze ZIP code data which respondents provided (984 total), I had to first export the zip codes, standardize to ensure 5 digits ("0" added to less than 5 digit entries), and then use a vlookup formula to bucket them into two new buckets which we want to analyze by (NY Metro v Non-NY Metro) - see sample data below.

!

However, when I go to import the .csv file back into Qualtrics I'm unable to as it says 'No columns have been selected to important' (see below). How can I upload this data so that I'm then able to analyze by these two new buckets?

!

Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @Beyond! I just wanted to jump in here and mention that both of these new fields will need to exist on the Qualtrics platform in order to import them. For your specific use case, I would recommend that you reach out to our Support Team so that they can walk through this process with you! 😃

Leave a Reply