How To chain multiple webservice calls from Action tab | XM Community
Solved

How To chain multiple webservice calls from Action tab

Badge
Hi ,

I want to call multiple webservice from one task in Atcion tab. First webservice fetch some data from 3rd party system and one field from the header response needs to be fed to second webservice in the same task. How can this be achieved.
icon

Best answer by TomG 16 July 2019, 23:34

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
hi @amir_ansari18 as far as i know. These API can't be chained as data which comes through after API has ran can't be saved somewhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Could you do the dependent web service calls in the Survey Flow and the final as an action in the Action Tab?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@amir_ansari18,

You need to write a web service script that you fire from the Action tab that calls the other web services and manages the data flow between them.
Badge
> @Akdashboard said:
> Could you do the dependent web service calls in the Survey Flow and the final as an action in the Action Tab?

I tried that but from survey flow i could not find a way to provide credentials for my external webservice.
Badge
> @TomG said:
> @amir_ansari18,
>
> You need to write a web service script that you fire from the Action tab that calls the other web services and manages the data flow between them.

Would you please guide me where can i find more help in creating web service script and calling from Action.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @amir_ansari18 said:
> > @TomG said:
> > @amir_ansari18,
> >
> > You need to write a web service script that you fire from the Action tab that calls the other web services and manages the data flow between them.
>
> Would you please guide me where can i find more help in creating web service script and calling from Action.

That's a pretty broad question. Here is a post I did on web service basics:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/43481680/4434072
Badge
I was able to trigger the GET call of the external API and data is coming into qualtrics. Now the issue is i need to trigger POST method of same API just after GET and need to pass one key field value in POST methods header from the header response of the GET call. But since that key value is dynamic and will change after each call i have to use some kind of variable concept. Now my question in how can i extract that key field value and pass it to the header of POST call.

Thanks in advance.

Did you manage to find a way to do this? I am hoping to do something similar.

Leave a Reply