Send an email to the recipient and his/her manager once the survey completed | XM Community
Question

Send an email to the recipient and his/her manager once the survey completed

• 28 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I'm planning to send an employee experience survey to all the team members but wanted to send a Thank You email/Survey Completed email note the recipient and his/her manager confirming that the response recorded. Could you please let me know if there are any options that can serve this purpose for me track the completion rate.

PS: This is a test account created but I have a paid version to try out any such option if it is available in paid version.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Hemanth

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6
Hi @Hemanth_123,

I only have access to research core, not experience management, so my answer does not take adantage of some items you may have access to.

The answer relies upon using a contact list which includes manager information with each employees contact information. In contact lists you can add embeddd data including other email addresses and names. You can therefore create fields such as managerFirstName, managerLastName, and ManagerEmail for each employee. Then the person either 1) authenticates in or 2) responds to an individualized link, you can pull the information in via the survey flow.

You can then use the email address of the recipient and manager in either email triggers or actions following completion of the surveys.

So this will use
1) a contact list
2) individuals links (sent via qualtrics distribution) or authenticators (in survey flow)
3) survey flow to get embedded data fields (manager information)
4) email triggers or actions

There are a few working parts. None of them by themselves are terribly complicated. All 4 of the items above are useful for other tasks. If you are seeing how to use the system, this might be an interesting way to see how each of these parts can interact.

Good luck,
Rett
Badge +1
Hi Hemanth_123,

You can redirect the participant to new survey once your main survey ( i.e. Use End of survey feature with customize option) is completed. Only drawback in this approach is you cannot include there managers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Bhushan
Badge +1
Hey there,

Great response from rettwebber.

To add some more info -

1) a contact list - set up a contact list where one of the columns may be "manager" this will allow you to directly send an email to their manager
2) Personal Links - set up a personal link in the distributions section.. make sure it links you to the contact list you created.
3) embedded data is an optional step.. there could be added value in having the responsent enter their manager info themselves.
4) email triggers or actions - set up an action so that once the survey is complete an email is sent to the "manager" email address associated to the account in the contact list.

Leave a Reply