Can an absolute value be calculated in CX dashboards? | XM Community
Solved

Can an absolute value be calculated in CX dashboards?

• 31 July 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
I have 2 calculated values in my dashboard that I need to add together for a total amount/percentage variable. One of these values is almost always negative. I need to convert that value to an absolute in order to achieve my final result. My example of $671.50 + (-$1789.70) should equal $2461.20 not -$1118.20.
Note: The survey results are always positive. One of the dashboard calculations is what results in a negative, which is correct.
!
icon

Best answer by PraDeepKotian_Ugam 1 August 2019, 09:17

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Hi @Denise,

If you are using Custom Metrics in Dashboard, you can calculate this as follows eg: **($671.50 + (-$1789.70))*-1** and it will help you to get the values in positive.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Thank you so much!!! The extra parentheses still subtracted the amounts. I simply created the equation in Custom Metrics as -$1789.70+$671.50 x-1 which gives me -$2617.15. At least I'm on the right track of adding the amounts, thanks to you! 🙂 Playing in Excel provided the positive return if I stated -$2617.15 x-1 but I can't use a Custom Metric in another Custom Metric to do this in the dashboard. 😞
Userlevel 4
Badge +17
ABSOLUTE VALUE
$e{ abs( -23 ) } resolves to 23.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Thank you MSobotta but I do not have any negative values for survey responses. It's only comes from a dashboard custom metric. Qualtrics does not have the ABS function in their dashboard.
Userlevel 4
Badge +17
Correct, but you can add Custom Metrics.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Thanks again, MSobotta. I have added a custom metric as noted above. I still get a negative return with (*-1) but at least it correctly totals my positive and negative number instead of subtracting. The numbers I have in my example above are the results of other custom metrics, thus my new custom metric is (1st calculation) + (2nd calculation which is a negative) x-1

Leave a Reply