Can you create an email task that sends to a recipient defined within a survey? | XM Community
Solved

Can you create an email task that sends to a recipient defined within a survey?

• 7 August 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
I've created an anonymous feedback form and want any comments to be emailed to the individual identified via embedded data appended to the survey URL. Other than creating a condition for every single person (which is a LOT), is there a way to automate via rule set or similar?
icon

Best answer by TomG 9 August 2019, 20:43

View original

6 replies

Badge +1
Hi MajorMajor,

If I understood your requirement correctly, then I think you can achieve it by using email trigger option found under Tools of survey tab.

Thanks,
Bhushan
Badge +2
Email triggers don't allow you to specify a recipient using embedded data. So I would need to create a trigger for every possible recipient which as I mentioned is hundreds of people.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @MajorMajor said:
> Email triggers don't allow you to specify a recipient using embedded data. So I would need to create a trigger for every possible recipient which as I mentioned is hundreds of people.

You can pipe an embedded data field into the email trigger recipient field. First, pipe it into your message body, then cut and paste it into the recipient field.
Badge +2
> @TomG said:
> > @MajorMajor said:
> > Email triggers don't allow you to specify a recipient using embedded data. So I would need to create a trigger for every possible recipient which as I mentioned is hundreds of people.
>
> You can pipe an embedded data field into the email trigger recipient field. First, pipe it into your message body, then cut and paste it into the recipient field.

I was hoping for an automated process. If I do a manual cut and paste then the email trigger isn't needed. Unless there is something I'm missing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @MajorMajor said:
> I was hoping for an automated process. If I do a manual cut and paste then the email trigger isn't needed. Unless there is something I'm missing?

Yes, I think you are missing the point. You only do the cut and paste once when you set up the Email trigger. It will look something like ${e://Field/triggerEmail}. You set the embedded data field in the survey for each response based on either data from your contact list (aka panel) or survey logic.
Badge +2
Ah! Makes sense now. Thanks for the help!

Leave a Reply