Assign ID number from list to survey participants | XM Community

Assign ID number from list to survey participants

• 14 August 2019
  • 4 replies

I need to find a way to assign unique codes to survey participants and display this code to them. I already have these codes in an excel sheet, and I need to assign them to each survey participant when they are on the survey (specifically, if they answer yes to a particular question). This is a big study, so I will not be able to assign the codes individually to people myself - this is why I need Qualtrics to assign the codes on the survey automatically and display them to the participants.

My question: Is this possible and how might I do it?

(I know that qualtrics can generate a Random ID, and this would have been perfect for this project, but unfortunately I have to work with pre-generated codes.)

4 replies

I have a similar request to the above. Is it possible to assign a unique code to a respondent from a list generated in Excel when the respondent answers a specific question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Upload these as contacts to your directory. Then either generate custom links for each respondent or use an authenticator to assing them the required ID based on their inputs.

Thanks Ahmed for your response.
I should have stated that the survey is conducted through a generic link so we don't have a contact list in the directory. Also, not every respondent will receive a code, only those that answer a question in a particularly way (e.g. Q2 is 'Yes')

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

In that case, you could either look at an assignment post the data collection phase or calling a webservice to provide one of the codes that you have.

Leave a Reply