Custom metric to show percentage point difference between two scale points | XM Community
Solved

Custom metric to show percentage point difference between two scale points

• 21 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Is there a way to do a custom metric that calculate the percentage point difference between two percentages? We have a high and a low percentage for about 15 items, and I’d like to create something that shows the difference between the two for each item, and whether it’s a positive or negative difference. For example, if one item has 33% for the high and 5% for the low, the difference is +28, but then we have an item that’s 30% high and 40% low, so that difference would be -10.

Is there a way to create that custom metric? I’ve tried doing one for each item that takes the high-low, but it’s not quite coming up with that number. In my examples above, instead of 28, it’s 0.28.

Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by cmlumber 22 August 2019, 14:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi!

The result is 0.28 because you are using percentages. you can see it as 28% is you change the options when selecting the metric on the widget from number to percentage. Or just multiplying each custom metric by 100, so you have the absolute number and not the percentage
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
So I figured out what I was missing from the metric to make it a whole number. However, I can't figure out how to do the positive/negative part.
Userlevel 6
Badge +27
did you tried with one that has a negative result? because i believe it will work in the same way
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi, Ana. Yes, once I input all the items and added to my widget they did come through correctly. I guess I should have done the whole thing from the start before I posted! Thanks!
Badge +1

I know this is two years old. But this sounds like the issue I am having in the example of the training question to prepare for the exam. I am not quite understanding the issue. All I see is count and nothing to do with percentages and I am still not getting the results.

Leave a Reply