Is it possible to copy an invite message through the API? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to copy an invite message through the API?

• 27 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
We want to make it really difficult to accidentally overwrite our master survey invite template. To do this, we'd like to create a new invite message for every new survey – that way if you accidentally change that invite, it won't affect invites for other surveys.

Is there a way to do this through the API? I'm looking for something like this, but I want to be able to pass in an existing messageID and have it create a copy.

As a fallback, we could use `Get Library Message` and then pass the message from that to `Create Library Message`. However, this particular message is very HTML-heavy, and I'm having a hard time getting the syntax right for my `Create Library Message` call.
icon

Best answer by epeterson 27 August 2019, 22:37

View original

2 replies

Badge
Nevermind on this – I figured out how to get the HTML from our template message and pass that in to create a new message. I'd still love a "Create Message From Template" feature 😎
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @epeterson! Happy to hear that you were able to pass in the HTML from your template message. For any feature requests, be sure to post them in our Product Ideas category. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea! 🙂

Leave a Reply