How do I change the order of the content in the Ticker widget? | XM Community
Solved

How do I change the order of the content in the Ticker widget?

• 28 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello!

I am using the Response Ticker widget to display the open-ended answers to two questions (Main Idea, Other Ideas). However when selecting them in "Content", Qualtrics chooses the order of display and ends-up displaying my Other Ideas before my Main Ideas. I tried un-mapping both, and re-adding them in the order I want them displayed, but it had no impact at all. Any idea? Or it's not something we can control and I can't force one to appear before the other?

Example below:
!

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by DaisyD 11 September 2019, 20:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
They are coming in alphabetical order, I change the field name in the settings so it starts from a different number of letter and is sorted in the place where i need it to be
Userlevel 1
@MsIreen I tried simply labeling them A and B, but it keeps showing B before A - so it's not a naming/labeling issue...
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Oh, you are right, it is not working 😮 Interesting...
Userlevel 1
In case you were wondering, read below Qualtrics Support answer :-)

"I understand that you are trying to change the order that fields appear in the Response Ticker widget, or display them in a different order in your fields such that they will be lined up correctly. Unfortunately, fields cannot be re-ordered in these dropdown menus and however they are appearing there cannot be changed."

"Typically, the order is determined by data type, so I would recommend that if this happens again, simply add duplicates of the fields that aren't showing in the correct order. This will cause one of the sets of duplicates to be on top of the other one, so you can always get the desired order."
Userlevel 3
Badge +1

so no possibility?

Leave a Reply