CX Dashboard Question - How to create a Year Over Year NPS mean | XM Community
Question

CX Dashboard Question - How to create a Year Over Year NPS mean

• 29 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +5
I have NPS data from 2015 - current loaded into Qualtrics. I'm trying to recreate a chart that shows the historical weekly NPS mean compared to the currently weekly mean.

If that's unclear, let me phrase it a different way. I want to see 2 lines on my chart. The first line is simply the NPS for this week (red line in the attached image). The second line is the average of all of the NPS scores for this week in 2015-2018. (average of '15 weekly score + '16 weekly score + '17 weekly score + '18 weekly score) (purple line in the attached image). Both of these lines need to be in a line chart displaying a full quarter of data.

!

I've been toying with custom metrics all week, but the best I can seem to manage is adding points on the line as previous data, not compared to current data.

!

Here is the custom metric I'm toying with currently. I'm only trying to average out 2 years worth of data in this example. I'll expand it out further if I get this formula nailed down.

!

Thanks in advance for your help and ideas!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
So the problem you are going to run into is that you won't have an X-axis value to plot over. You can fix this in the same way you fixed it with your first picture by creating a number for "week of the year" that can be plotted on the X-axis.

You will want to do this manually for historic data (either through filtering and editing or exporting, fixing, uploading... whatever you are comfortable with) AND in the survey flow of your live surveys.

I started to write instructions on how to program the week of year logic and realized it is just easier for me to build it and share with you. Download the attached .qsf and import it as a survey in to your Qualtrics account. Then save that project as a reference survey to your library and use that reference survey in your survey(s) where you want to calculate the week of year number.
Badge +5
Thanks, Akdashboard! I've saved your survey, made it a reference survey, and added it to the survey flow. Before I get to the second paragraph, I want to make sure I'm understanding what you're asking me to do.

Either by exporting/fixing/uploading, or by editing directly in Qualtrics, I need to add a "WoY" field to my survey. I then need to populate that field for all of the historical data accordingly? I'm currently sitting at 150k historical responses, so I want to make sure that this is correct before I charge headlong into the process.

Leave a Reply