Randomize based on slider value | XM Community
Solved

Randomize based on slider value

• 30 August 2019
  • 1 reply

I have 8 elements in my slider question, each of which need to be rated on a scale of 1 to 100 (let's say the elements are called A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H). Imagine a participant rates A, F, and H below 25 (this is what I'm interested in). For each element A, F, and H there is an associated follow-up question. I want to _randomly_ assign the follow up question for A, F, _or_ H (one question) to the participant.

In essence this boils down to: IF 1 one or more elements are rated BELOW 25, assign associated follow up question RANDOMLY from all elements rated below 25.

I tried to do this with if branches, then randomization. However, there are so many possible combinations of ratings (a participant could rate all elements below 25, or just A and E, or A, E and H, or A, E, G, and H, etcetera). I was wondering if there is an easier way to do this, for example associating a follow-up question block with a slider element IF it is rated below 25, and randomly choosing which (out of all slider elements rated below 25) to present. I only need to present one.

Hope this makes sense, sorry if it is unclear!
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 30 August 2019, 15:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
It is easiest to do this in the survey flow.

Set branching logic to: If A or F or H is _less than or equal to_ 25, branch. Then nest under that branch a randomizer block that is set to _randomly present 1 of the following elements_ and check the _Evenly Present Elements_ box. Then add 3 branching blocks under the randomizer with "branch if A is less than or equal to 25" (repeat for H and F). Nested in each branch (branch A branch, F and branch H), put a block with the appropriate question for A, F or H.

!

Leave a Reply