Capturing NPS grouping (ex: "Promoter") to use in email triggers subject line | XM Community
Solved

Capturing NPS grouping (ex: "Promoter") to use in email triggers subject line

• 11 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello!

I am trying to include the NPS Grouping the respondent belongs to as a text (not a score) in order to pipe it in the subject line of my email triggers.
Ex. of subject line = "A [Promoter/Detractor] just completed the survey"

Is there an easy way to do that, that already exists?
Or do I have to create an embedded variable based on the NPS score in the survey flow, and pipe-in that?
Ex: create an embedded data "NPS_Grouping" with value "Promoter" and "Detractor" based on NPS score.

I have 20 email triggers to create, one per region (as each region has its director) - and have to repeat for Promoters and Detractors. So I'm looking for the most efficient way to create those triggers.

Thanks for your help!
icon

Best answer by JenCX 11 September 2019, 20:38

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
BTW I just realized I posted that under the wrong category but I can't figure out how to change it to Survey Platform | How to Use the Survey Platform... !
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
While NPS Group is available to filter for analysis, it doesn't look like there's a preconfigured way to pipe that into an email trigger.

What I would suggest instead is use the NPS Group that IS available in branch logic to set the embedded data variable as you mentioned.
Userlevel 1
@JenCX thanks for the quick answer! I will do that. I was just hoping not to have to create extra variables, but it looks like there is no other solution. Wish me luck in creating the 20 email triggers, I can't wait till Qualtrics release a "duplicate triggers" option for them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
> @DaisyD said:
> @JenCX thanks for the quick answer! I will do that. I was just hoping not to have to create extra variables, but it looks like there is no other solution. Wish me luck in creating the 20 email triggers, I can't wait till Qualtrics release a "duplicate triggers" option for them.

I am definitely wishing you luck...although I wonder if we could help you figure out a way to not have to do that?

Could you store the associated Director on the contact level (we do this with our RSMs) and then just have one trigger that uses that field as the email address?
Userlevel 1
@JenCX ohhhhhh how would you do that? I store the name of the director but not their email (ex: ST_DSO = "ABC DEF" as text).
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@DaisyD That'll work! It'll be a little bit more work but still not as bad as creating 20 triggers. You'll want to pull in that ST_DSO field in the survey flow, then do some branch logic to set a new field (we'll call it ST_DSO_Email). If ST_DSO contains "Dave Smith" then STO_DSO_Email is dave.smith@company dot com (you get the idea, the forum won't let you post email address).

Repeat for your 20 and then in the email field in your email trigger, put ${e://Field/STO_DSO_Email}

Holler if you need more explanation 😀
Userlevel 1
> @JenCX said:
> @DaisyD That'll work! It'll be a little bit more work but still not as bad as creating 20 triggers. You'll want to pull in that ST_DSO field in the survey flow, then do some branch logic to set a new field (we'll call it ST_DSO_Email). If ST_DSO contains "Dave Smith" then STO_DSO_Email is dave.smith@company dot com (you get the idea, the forum won't let you post email address).
>
> Repeat for your 20 and then in the email field in your email trigger, put ${e://Field/STO_DSO_Email}
>
> Holler if you need more explanation 😀

That is GENIUS! Thanks so much @JenCX

Leave a Reply