Recoding Device Type for past data | XM Community
Solved

Recoding Device Type for past data

• 25 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello,

One of my users forgot to add an embedded data to easily record the Device Type in her survey (the way we usually do it is by using brand logic "if Device Type is Mobile" and then add an embedded data "Mobile" with values Yes/No).

We are going to record that info from now on but is there a way to easily code past data to get the Device Type? She had added the DeviceIdentifier variable instead.

Any suggestion is welcome!
icon

Best answer by MSobotta 25 September 2019, 20:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +17
In the Data & Analysis tab you could filter to the Mobile devices and then edit the responses for those which aren't tagged previously to be Mobile = Yes or the reverse Mobile = No.
Userlevel 1
@MSobotta but how do I identify the device used (the filter you mentioned)? Is there a native embedded data that I can use, and if yes - which one?
Userlevel 4
Badge +17
You might not be able to UserAgent is the only thing that would get you close which you can use retroactively. https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/question-types-guide/advanced/meta-info-question/
Userlevel 1
@MSobotta thanks - user agent is much too complex to recode the thousands of answers we have already collected 😞 . I appreciate the help though!
Userlevel 4
Badge +17
How else do you think you could do it? You can't derive information you don't have retroactively.
Userlevel 1
Well that's why I'm asking the community, no? To see if there are other options!
Userlevel 4
Badge +17
Sadly no, outside of time travel or user agent.

Leave a Reply