Duplicating Blocks In Survey Flow For Unique Data Points | XM Community
Question

Duplicating Blocks In Survey Flow For Unique Data Points

• 26 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8
Hi all,

I am currently working to develop a modified version of the stroop task in the survey platform. Participants are shown a word in a color (e.g. Blue in the color red) and are instructed to indicate the color of the word, rather than the word itself (e.g. red would be the correct answer). I have created a unique block for all possible iterations of color/word combinations and put them within the survey flow under a randomizing branch with evenly presenting elements. However, I want more than just 16 trials (4wordsx4colors) and would like them to repeat multiple times. Rather than creating blocks over and over again, I was using the duplicate button in the survey flow - however, when you take the survey and shown BlockX the first time, and answer "red" and then BlockX the second time, and answer "yellow" - only the most recent iteration of that answer is recorded in the data. What I would like to know is the answer a participant put each time they were shown that block - is this possible without having to have an actual unique box each time?

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Take a look and see if Loop and Merge will work for you.

Too late to the party but this is because the Id of the duplicated questions must be unique. Otherwise, Qualtrics will display the blocks the second with the options chosen the first time AND it will override the first choices.
I believe that the solution is to give the duplicate questions unique IDs.

Leave a Reply