Using branching to ask different questions to males and females | XM Community

Using branching to ask different questions to males and females

• 27 September 2019
  • 2 replies

In the midst of a larger survey I have a 25 item questionnaire with different items for males and females. The male and female items are in separate blocks. I have assumed that the way to do this is to use branching and to show the male block only to males and the female block only to females. However, I have not gotten this to work as intended. (In Preview all questions are being shown to me regardless of whether I indicate I am female or male.)

Here's what I tried: In "Survey Flow," I have my various blocks. I went to the question block intended for males. I clicked "Add below" and indicated that I wanted to add a branch. I then added a condition such that the branch would be triggered if the question "What sex are you?" was answered "Male." Clicked "OK." Did the same for the female items.

What am I doing wrong?

2 replies

Badge +2
Hi @profjmb,

Just wanted to check with you whether you have correctly created a new element or move an existing one underneath the branch, in your case it would be questions for male respondent "Then Branch If" - if sex equals to Male.

Alternatively, you may read here (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/branch-logic/) for more information.

Thank you.

Regards,
Simon
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@profjmb can you provide a .qsf? This would help us troubleshoot...

Leave a Reply