Can someone please explain this error (and its' remedy) to me? | XM Community
Question

Can someone please explain this error (and its' remedy) to me?

• 29 October 2019
  • 7 replies

Hello Qualtrics Community,
I am attempting to use Qualtrics to distribute a survey, using the API. All the requests I have tested have worked fine, so far, except when I attempt to distribute the survey. Then, I get this error, saying "You do not have permission to access distributions for this survey."

My belief is that the account I am working on has permissions limited, and there is a control panel in the "master admin" account for the license I am working under. Is this correct?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
The account that is tied to the API key you are using doesn't have distribution rights to the survey.

Logon as the owner of the survey, go to Collaborate, choose the user name of the account associated with the API key, then check the Distribute box.
Thank you very much for your response. This was my suspicion, and I don't have immediate access to the owner account, so I thought I would confirm with the experts.

Merci beaucoup!
I have access to the survey, which I created. I can distribute it with the GUI. but I cannot with the API.

However, the email I am using to login is not included with any user profile in the "User and Group Address Book".

Maybe I need a User Profile added for my login email address, so I can assign permissions for the survey to it?

Or is there a permission being denied from a superior account, like a Group or Division Administrator?

!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Your own account isn't included in User and Group Address Book under Collaboration. As the owner of the project you automatically have full rights.
Should there be a difference between what I can do with the application and the api? Does it make sense that I can distribute the survey with the web app, but not the api?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Ray_Weiss said:
> Should there be a difference between what I can do with the application and the api? Does it make sense that I can distribute the survey with the web app, but not the api?

No, it doesn't make sense. Make sure the API key you are using is for your user id. If you confirm that and still have an issue, contact Support.
I am contacting Support for help. Thanks for your assistance @TomG. I am including a couple screenshots of the permissions applied to my user id, provided to me, in case anything suspect is apparent.

!
!

Leave a Reply