How can I count the number of validation fails on a manipulation check, without moving forward | XM Community
Question

How can I count the number of validation fails on a manipulation check, without moving forward

• 29 October 2019
  • 0 replies

Badge +3
Hi

I have a manipulation check that is basically binary (i.e. correct or incorrect response). We would like to count the validation fails in order to demonstrate that participants weren't just guessing and pushing or being pushed forward into the study. We tried javascript and an embedded data but it requires a refresh of the question and that does odd things. One solution we found was to branch if the validation fails and increment an embedded data counter. However we need to return participants to the question until they get it right, and it seems the only way to do this is to copy the question and put the copy in the branch logic. In other words: a participant sees Q1 and fails validation; in the survey flow branch logic the embedded data counter gets incremented and the participant is sent to a copy of Q1; repeat until they get the manipulation check correct. If possible, we'd like to avoid the messiness of extra copies of each manipulation check.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Chris

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply